Paprika Hummus

by - April 13, 2014

Oil-free! I know olive oil, which is a staple in this recipe, is good for you. But sometimes you need a lighter hummus so you can eat tons more. And I find that the use of chickpea cooking water makes this very light fluffy and airy, which would not have been the same with oil. But feel free to swap the water for oil, although I promise you none of the flavour will be sacrificed by making it my way.

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked (or sprouted*) chickpeas // 2 tbsp lemon juice // 1 tbsp tahini // 3 cloves garlic // 3/4 cup of chickpea cooking water // 1 tsp smoked paprika // 1/2 tsp cumin // salt to taste

Method:
Whip up the chickpeas and garlic and lemon juice in a food processor until a paste forms, scraping down the sides if necessary. Add the tahini and blend, slowly adding water until the desired consistency is reached (I used about 3/4 of a cup). Remember to whip on a high speed to make the hummus fluffy and delicious. Then add your paprika, cumin and a pinch of salt and mix well to combine.

*if you use sprouted chickpeas and wish to keep this recipe raw, make sure you used extremely sanitary conditions while sprouting. However, I usually blanch mine in boiling water for a minute or two to make sure it is safe! I also much prefer the taste of cooked chickpeas.

You May Also Like

0 comments