Gingerbread PB Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

by - February 26, 2017


You know that phrase 'too much of a good thing'? How too much good can equal bad? Everything in moderation?
I am a huge believer in everything in moderation. That's my rule. Rules, however, are meant to be broken. And this cookie is the exception.





I like cookies, you see. But ask me to chose my favourite one, and I wouldn't be able too. I can narrow it down, to my top three cookies. 
  1. Peanut Butter cookies (yum!)
  2. Oatmeal Raisin cookies (mmmm)
  3. Gingerbread cookies (yesss)
So, genius that I am, I decided I don't have to choose! I CAN HAVE ALL THREE. In one cookie! Genius, yes?


Trust, it works. They all have a little something in common - they all go well with cinnamon. Cinnamon brings these three punchy flavours together. It's divine! This cookie is chewy from the oatmeal, crumbles ever-so-slightly (thanks to the PB!), is packed full of christmassy spices. Make it, you'll see.


Gingerbread-PB-Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
½ cup vegan butter (or coconut oil!)
½ cup coconut sugar or dark brown sugar
½ cup cane sugar
2 tbsp applesauce (about 1 small apple, microwaved and pureed)
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup bread flour 
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon 
1/4 tsp ginger 
A pinch of nutmeg
1½ cups rolled oats 
1 cup raisins 

Preheat oven to 170C. Cream together the butter, and sugars with an electric beater or stand mixer. Beat in the applesauce and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add the flour, spices, baking soda and stir in. Gently fold in the rolled oats and raisins
Scoop the batter onto the prepared cookie sheet using, 2 tablespoons per cookie, leaving about 1 inch between them as they will rise! This recipe should give you about 18 cookies
Bake for about 11 minutes. Let cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Let cool before moving off the sheet, they are fragile when hot! When completely cool, store in an airtight container. Warm it for 10s in the microwave before eating, so it gets gooey again. It should last a week but it won't be able to resist finishing them all before then, trust me x


You May Also Like

0 comments