Green Tea Healing Soup

by - May 10, 2014

  I was not a green tea advocate until recently. I can barely believe that something I NEED to have at least once daily, I used to despise. But there you go. Palettes change! 
  And I will say the same about radishes. I used to hate them. Pfft ew! But now, radishes and I, we're tight.  
  Now Green tea is calming, soothing and healing. And so is this soup. It's my equivalent of chicken noodle soup. Except easier, earthier and purer. 
Green Tea Soup
Serves one

Ingredients:
1 tbsp green tea leaves
1 tbsp dried wakame
1/2 tsp miso paste
1 cup water
1/4 cup shelled edamame, frozen
3 french breakfast radishes, cleaned and sliced

Method:
Bring one cup of water to a boil, throw in the wakame and edamame, simmer for three minutes. Add the miso and simmer a further three minutes. In a tea strainer, add the green tea and let steep for a minute before removing. Never oversteep or it would be too bitter! Place the sliced radishes in just before serving and, if you like, the radish greens as well!

You May Also Like

0 comments