Our 2017 Christmas!

by - January 04, 2018


I had such a lovely (and almost white!) Christmas this year. Here are some pictures of what we cooked, ate (duh), and did.

I made a very boozy, slightly chocolatey Christmas cake. The 'very boozy' part was in no way a criticism, but if you are already planning on having a very boozy xmas, take it easy on this cake. I did not (although perhaps it wasn't the cake's fault), twisted my ankle, and am now hobbling around wards at 7.30 a.m. in the mornings.

I kinda miss Christmas a lot already.


These mince pies were part of a delivery box I won from vegan apron, which promised a delicious feast big enough to feed four, with leftovers, for Christmas. While the first part of that was definitely true (was very yum), it was most definitely more suited to feeding 8 on Christmas, with leftovers.

But, hey, when did I ever complain about too much food? *wink wink* 


p.s. How beautiful is this table setting?


A butternut squash quiche, the ingredients and recipe for this was again from the vegan apron box. I decided to jazz it up a little (and make my life a lot more stressful in classic Sasha fashion) with the little leaves. Which, by the way, we used a Christmas tree cookie cutter to make. Talk about festive.




These beetroot tartlets were from the box as well. The cream cheese was all kinds of delicious, and I have since vowed to never buy vegan cream cheese from a store ever again. Because this version is garlicy and good. I like garlic. But the little juicy chunks of roast beetroot help sweeten and mellow out the garlic a lot. So what you end up with is just a lot of yum. I like a lot of yum.



 A vegan cheese feast!




I know this isn't a recipe post, but I just wanted to share some of the shots I took and gloat a little about all the eating I have been doing, and will continue to do (helloooo leftovers). Diets in January are overrated anyway. Scratch that, diets are overrated period.

You May Also Like

0 comments