Express Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse

by - May 12, 2014

  If you are a health-foodie-fanatic such as myself, you will be well aware of the fact that you can make an instant, fabulous vegan mousse out of cocoa powder and avocado. And how I fancied a chocolate avocado mousse! But alas, I am a poor student. That, and all the avocados in the market were hard. I had no time to wait for avocados to ripen.
  I wanted mousse. And I wanted mousse now.
  Do not diss the humble tofu. I know it has a bad name. I know vegans use it for everything it bores you. But trust me on this one. This will make you change your mind about tofu. And you WANT your mind to be changed, because it means you get to eat this.
  And as for the hazelnut butter: well, why the hell not?

Ingredients:
1 BlockSsilken Tofu (349g) *
1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
Stevia, to taste (Or agave, honey, coconut sugar, date syrup)
2 tbsp hazelnut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

Blend. Viola! I recommend chilling in cups before serving because it does firm up a tad bit, and mousse isn't mousse unless it's chilled!

*If you live in the US, Mori Nu is a good brand. If you are in the UK, Yutaka is great because it has a really silky texture but a mild soy taste. I haven't been able to find a mild brand in Asia yet (believe it or not!), but I would probably get cracking on this when I am Singapore this summer.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I did not know this about avocado and cocoa powder (not health food fanatic enough I guess). Thanks for the idea and for this, tofu mousse! Trying that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Tofu FTW. Hope you love it as much as I do!

      Delete